Responsible for applying food science knowledge to determine the best way to conduct research and laboratory testing and sensory testing, such as pH (potential of Hydrogen), Salt, Brix (sugar content of an aqueous solution), Aw (water activity), viscosity and organoleptic evaluations for WIP (work in process) and finished products.
- Perform Pre-op and Post-op inspection, ATP swab, allergen swab and environmental swab.
- Monitor production lines to ensure premium product quality.
- Conduct finish product sensory evaluations to confirm product sensory characteristics.
- Place defective products on Hold then conduct test and investigation.
- Report any deficiencies found during a routine check to QA Manager.
- Provide assistance to the production team to ensure food safety, and quality objectives are met, such as using correct labels and packaging materials.
- Investigate customer complaints and provide corresponding corrective actions.
- Responsible for preparing, writing and keeping all QA documentation and reports.
- Prepare Certificate of Analysis.
Minimum requirement: MS in Food Safety & Technology or Food Science.
Jobsite: 4610 Mercedes Dr., Suite 210, Belcamp, MD 21017
Apply to: Personnel Department, United Foods International (USA) Inc., 23447 Cabot Blvd., Hayward, CA 94545